From upcoming events to recent news, here's what we've got in the works for our community of Taste Buds.
- PIttsburgh chef 'stars' in children's book 'Kalamata's Kitchen' Pittsburgh Tribune, November 2018
- Sarah Thomas Returns to Pittsburgh with a New Friend: Kalamata Pittsburgh Magazine, October 2018
- Wine Me Dine Me: Cook up understanding in Kalatmata’s Kitchen Seacoastonline.com, September 2018
- Kalamata's Kitchen books help parents, kids bond over food Press Herald, August 2018
- Welcome to Kalamata's Kitchen! Book Launch Tour Portland Maine Bin and Jon's Vlogs, August 2018
What Taste Buds are Saying
"Kalamata's Kitchen is an outstanding children's story that encourages young readers to make positive and lasting memories with food. As a father and a chef, I can't overstate the value of engaging kids in culinary expeditions and exploring other cultures. We're so proud to have author Sarah Thomas on our team at Le Bernardin and can't wait to follow her and Kalamata on their future adventures!"
Eric Ripert, Chef & Co-owner of Le Bernardin
"Kalamata is the coolest kid in the kitchen! These books have found a way to connect with young readers and teach them to be aware of their experiences with food. It empowers them to explore the world around them and other cultures through something that connects us all. I’m so proud to be one of Kalamata’s Taste Buds and can’t wait to see where her adventures lead us all!”
Adrienne Cheatham, Chef/Founder SundayBest
“As a Mom and a Cook, being a part of Kalamata’s Kitchen is a huge honor. I get to represent myself and my family, and hopefully make a change in our future. These readers will be our leaders and this is our chance to encourage them to explore and learn about other cultures. Adventures with food is the perfect way to encourage children of today.”
Ilma Lopez, Chef/Owner of Piccolo & Chaval
Want to Learn More?
Drop us a line and a member of our Kitchen team will get back to you within 48 hours.